Wednesday 21 October 2009

Johnson Banks

I discovered this designer on my all time favourite paper cut panic where I pratically find everything but anyway from searching around Johnson Banks website which is really difficult to navigate round and focus on the links etc I was able to find some great design this is one that caught my eye first.....

This was for the rebranding of Blackpool Pleasure beach and I just love how the type and the meaning of the word fits into the movement of the rollercoaster not only is the image great but the stretched type moving down each time as the ride moves just works really well.



The Art Fund was another rebranding project for the National Art Fund not only did the brightness of the colour on the dark background attract me but how the hearts disbursed out around the logo to create a unique image taking the simple shape of heart and making it their own.



I think this is a fantastic idea! Johnson Banks decided to run their own Johnson Banks post office at the V&A where they had a stall over the summer.
So taking the word 'send a letter' they die cutted letters from the alphabet out of cardboard where people set letters to them as a postcard, I think this is a really clever idea taking the phrase send a letter and turning the letter into an actual letter type to send....its one of those that you wish you thought you did.







This was a project to sell London to buisnesses around the world. They created a skyline as a reflection and the other skyline of all the other possible things you can do in London, what drew my attention to this was the plain simple imagery with the bold colour added with simple white text, the simple design is effective and is eyecatching its true in what they say less is more, I like how he has made the design really uncomplicated but still so effective because it shows quite clear what London has to offer.





http://www.johnsonbanks.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment