Monday 25 January 2010

Typography

Whilst searching for typography that created a flirtatious look I came across the website called 'For the love of type' and 'eat me daily'. I also went on to looking at handmade typefaces using food and liquids etc which I have found to be quite visually interesting and work well on a large scale they also look very unique.



Shown above this image creates a very flirtatious look due to the flow of line and curveatious letter shape. This is something I would like to focus and incorporate in my designs as I think it sends out the right message demonstrated in type.

These two images were created with mulberrys and the juice from them, I think this is really effective and different material to experiment with this is something I would like to look into maybe using water to show Bacardi and to form a letter form.




I also found typography drawn onto the female figure which I think creates a good sexual connection to the viewer this relates well with the artists work Billy de Vorss and Peter driben of the pin up girls for the flirt magazine.











The image shown above of the type created using liquid is something that I wanted to look into doing.







This typeface shown below was created with splashing milk by the designer Jónas Valtýsson he did this by photgraphing it.








This typeface was created with letter ice cubes creating a clean cut shape. The typeface works well on a large scale creating a high impact image. Again I think experimenting with materials to create a typeface works better then a vectored type but I think this depends on what you are designing for and where the design is going to be situated.







Using false eyelashes a typeface was created. Using the eyelashes makes a legiable letter form. I think by using objects or items to create type makes the image or design more creative and visually appealing.



No comments:

Post a Comment